Sunday 25 November 2012

Milia Seeds Extraction

After delaying this procedure for so long, I had finally plucked up my courage and get it done once and for all! I am getting tired of hearing people said I got so many "dots" under my eyes. I had enquired with several doctors but never get around to get it done until I met up with Dr Karen Soh of Prive Clinic. Possibly it is just my fate with her. I will be talking about the procedures and my recovery process in this single blog so this will be a very long one.

My milia seeds are quite a lot and it all "gathered" together at 1 area under my eyes, making it really unsightly. It is not just one or two, but more than 10! I was really nervous before the procedures as it is considered a minor surgery. I was told that I would be applied a cream to numb any pain and if needed I would be given jab if the cream is not enough to numb the pain.

My pain torture level is actually quite high so in the end, I didn't use any jabs at all which Dr Soh said it is better. Well, I wouldn't say it was painful at all. It was painful but I can bear with it. It is really nice to have Grace (Dr Soh's assistant) to comfort me throughout the whole procedure.

I was given a healing cream and anti-biotic by Dr Soh which I was told to apply everyday until the skin peeled off. I was told I got to let it peeled off itself and never go and remove it myself. I have to go back for review 2 weeks later.

I was also recommended eyes mask to aid the recovery.

Recovery process
(I only took picture of my right eyes as most of the milia seeds are on right eyes. There are a few but not much on my left eyes. Dr Soh removed both sides)

Day 1 :  My eyes was rather swollen after the whole thing so I got to wear sunglasses to cover it up. But overall still okay.



Day 2 :  I felt quite a fair bit of pain throughout the whole day and my eyes are really swollen. There are many "holes" and no amount of makeup could cover them! (Didn' remember to take pictures today)

Day 3 : The pain and swollen subsidied but "ugly", red marks has appeared and there are still "holes". (Sad... but I knew it is only temporary)



Day 4 : No more pain and swollen! The red marks has dried up and some has started to peel off and much lesser "holes"



Day 5 : I looked so much better today! :D All the marks are now dried up and a lot of them had dropped off by evening time. There is no obvious "holes" today. Today I can use some makeup. Started to feel so much happier.

 
 
Day 6 : Much much better today. The clinic assistant was right that it takes a week for me to look "normal" again. Most of the dried skn has dropped by. There are still some pinkish dots, but it is much better than those days wih milia seeds. Look forward to looking better.
 


From Day 7 onwards, the dry skin had peeled off totally and I am back to my normal. However, my milia seeds was not fully removed and I went for a touch up with Dr Soh.

And after the 2nd round of touchup, I can no longer see milia seeds! So happy with the result!

 
Note: This procedure was done about 1 month ago but I only posted now so that I can blog about the recovery process.

No comments:

Post a Comment