Sunday 21 October 2012

Exercise : Nike We Run SG 10K 2012

As it was raining on dogs and cats yesterday, I was kind of worried that we might not be able to run! But I guess we were very lucky that the rain came at and stop at the right time today for us to be able to complete the run.

Many people complained about the t-shirts provided by Nike this round, saying the size is too small, the material is too hot. But I love this t-shirt. I thought it was well cut and material is definitely okay. I guess everyone got different expectation. There are so many runners to this run, how can Nike make everyone happy? Nevertheless, I got to say I am the happy one.

The route this round was okay for me. I am starting to feel "seasoned" to 10km runs these few sessions. Previously, I would feel a drag and 10km seemed such a long distance. In the last three 10km I took part in, I started to feel at ease with the distance and I do not feel like I am doing a "tough" job. I guess my body has already got used to the distance. :) And in fact, there is also a good improvement to my running time. Compare to my runs in May, I had improved by 10 mins which is really a good achievement.

I must say the new Skechers shoes help me a lot! Remember I posted about my new shoes here? My sole is not painful nor tired after the run and I credited it to this pair of shoes as I remember I still feel painful under my sole when I used my old pair of shoes in my August 10km run. Most important, it is so light weight that I felt extremely comfortable when I wore it. Really love this shoes! :) Possibly light weighted shoes from other brands also can helped as much. I had heard from my friends that Nike also has light weighted shoes which are good.

And oh yes, Nike gave a very nice lime green finisher t-shirts to all participants who completed the run. This is my first finisher t-shirt as most organiser would only give finisher t-shirt to 42km runners.

 
 
I enjoyed my run extremely today and looked forward to my next one on 11 November :)

No comments:

Post a Comment