Sunday 26 August 2012

Exercise : Hot Yoga

As I mentioned before that we can't achieve good skin with just products and facial alone. It comes with good maintenance of health as well. Only by taking good care of yourself, then can you maintain good skin, good look as well as happiness! That is because falling sick is a horrible thing to happen to anyone!

Recently, one of my colleagues was strike with stroke all a sudden. He is only 42 and right now his half body (right side) is immobile. He needs to go on long term medication, treatment and therapy to recover. I strongly believe this is due to he not taking good care of his body. He eats like a mountain, he doesn't exercise and he is way over weight at more than 90kg. Seeing him suffering right now, I really feel very sorry for him and at the same time, telling myself I'm doing the right thing to exercise at least twice a week and control my diet. My colleague is regretting for his action and told us he will definitely take good care of himself from now onwards.

Anyway, hot yoga is one of my regular exercise since last year October. I discovered it by chance as groupon was offering this voucher at $40 (or $30) for 4 sessions with Absolute Yoga. So I went to try and fell in love with on first try. I would like to say it is not easy for me as I am a hearing impaired. Yup, I cannot hear anything with my left ear and am wearing hearing aid. I will share more about this next time.

I always go for Hot Yoga B which consists of 26 poses in the same sequences. It is very easy and simple to follow (which is why although I cannot hear well, I can still follow them). Hot Yoga means you are practising yoga in a hot room of above 37 degree! Yes! You will be sweating a lot but you will feel great after the session. For me, I feel like all the toxic in my body being flushed out! I would like to mention before I started on Hot Yoga, I always had shoulder pain which is possibly caused by my desk bound job and I always need to go for massage to ease away the pain. It is only a temporary measure. And when I started on Hot Yoga regularly, I realised I hardly got shoulder pain anymore!

And I like my look after each session, radiant and refreshing and healthy! Before I discovered Hot Yoga, I am into running marathon. I participated regularly in 10km runs. With this hot yoga, it actually compliment my running exercise as hot yoga helps to heal up the body aching and sore after the run! So nowadays, my exercise consists of 1 session of 5 to 10km run and 1 session of Hot Yoga per week.

Of course, everyone got their own exercise routine. Take your time to discover yours but most important is you must be consistent and if you can, find a buddy who has the same interest as you so that you can keep up to your exercise routine. For me, I have found a buddy for running and a buddy for hot yoga. They are great company to me and that is why I am able to keep up to my exercise routine for the past 2 years without fail. :)

If you have any good things to share about exercise, do share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment