Saturday 8 September 2012

Event : RMK Autumn Winter Makeup Course

I saw this event at Isetan Website and was attracted by their eye colours on their advertisement. Somehow I decided to go for it even though it is going to cost me $100 but the $100 is redeemable for their products. I never try this brand before so decided it is a good chance for me to learn about make up as well as to try out their products.

I had learnt about makeup about 15 years ago when I was asked to try out modelling course (which never work out in the end). I was right that things has changed. Nowadays the makeup is more bold and more stylish compared to 15 years ago when it was more conservative.

The makeup artist to this workshop is from Japan, Masaaki Abe, a guy with extremely fair and nice complexion. He analysed our skin before the start of the workshop and selected our skin tone colour for us. He told me my complexion is good (wow! :P)



Since I already had basic knowledge of makeup, it wasn't too difficult for me to follow. I learnt something new about using of eyelash curler. All along, I thought I should push up the curler to make my eyelashes curl up. Totally wrong! I should be pushing it downward and as you apply mascara after that, the curl will go up automatically. It was right! The moment, I did that, my short eye lashes actually look much much longer. Very pleased with this new finding. I also learnt how to enhance my eyes makeup for my small tiny eyes.

RMK has 6 new eye colours for this season. I selected colour 6, which is a mixed of gold and black as I am a tanned person and I prefer more natural look. There are also 4 new blusher shades for this season. I like the fact that they consist of tone-correcting cream base and a vibrant powder textured hue. I selected colour 2. Like these 2 items so much, that I bought them after the workshop. The makeup artist also agreed that I had selected the right colour for myself.

Not a bad experience with a new brand :)

P/s : Besides eye shadow and blusher, I also bought their mascara which I like a lot as it got a base too (1st time I saw a mascara with a base) and their eye liner as I am not very pleased with my current one and it seems good when I tried it at the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment