Monday 24 September 2012

Excerise : Training for my Running

I always trained once a week to prepare myself for my 10km runs. Usually I run with my colleagues at the gym or sport complex nearby my office. I always clock in 5km on running tracks and for threadmill I tried to clock for 45 mins. Actually it is not sufficient for 10km run training but I guess it is better than none.

Today as I was on leave, I got the opportunity to run at Punggol Park. I used to join one of my friend to run there every Sunday morning until my little gals complained about not able to see me in the morning when they wake up. Felt kind of gulity as I was already not spending time with them on weekdays so weekends are precious time with them. So I decided to stop going for Sunday runs except on days when I got run events which are not that often.

It had been a long time since I run in park and I really feel the difference in running in outdoor park and sport complex. Running track is a full smooth path with no uneven path and it is definitely much easier to run. I compare my timing clock in for running in park and sport complex. It is a difference of about 6 mins for the same 5km distance. It is much faster to run on running track but I don't feel as trained as I was in park.

It is very movitating to see people, old and young going for workout there. There is even a family of 4 with 2 teengers accompanying their parents for workout. (Though I am puzzled why the teengers are not in school on a school day but I am touched that they are spending time with their parents). It is my wish that when my 2 little gals are bigger, they will accompany me to runs or walks.

Unforuntately though Punggol Park is undergoing some renovation, so the air is not as fresh as it used to be. But I guess it will be when the renovation is completed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment