Wednesday 12 September 2012

Exercise : Pilates at Pilates Flow

I saw this attractive trial class at Pilates Flow on facebook and decided to give it try. I used to do pilates matwork a few years back at a community centre with my friend. After delivery my 2nd child, I stopped altogether due to lack of time. After which, my friend has also quit pilates and somehow I didn't managed to return to it. I used to like it very much but I knew due to my hearing problem, I actually not practising it the right way especially since I do not really know how to make use of the right part to move.

So this is really attractive to have this individual class with an instructor personally at this good price. I make it clear to the school that I have hearing problem and definitely need someone who is willing to work with me. I was assigned to Christina.

All along, I did pilates on mat and this is the first time, I was being exposed to the apparatus where we have to use some stretching machine to assist us in our exercise. I was actually quite "worried" as they look rather difficult to me. Nevertheless I decided to give it a try. Surprisingly, I was able to operate the apparatus with help from Christna of course. Christina is rather patient especially since I was not able to hear her talking all the time. But she did her best to help me. At the end of the session, we have some mutual understanding. I understand her more and she also knew where is my standard. Not too bad for the first time.

After the exercise, my arms and tummy is aching as most part of the exercise depend on these 2 parts. However, I felt I had a very good stretch and 'pull" for my body. Unlike Hot Yoga which is more relaxed and we sweat a lot, Pilates is totally physical and I do not sweat at all in that 1 hour session. As I exercise regularly, I do not feel tired after the session.

A starter package would cost about $500+ for 3 individual lessons and 10 matworks. I can arrange to have lesson again with Christna. The good thing is the studio is extremely near my office, so I could drop by for a session during lunchtime and back. It will be good for me especially next year when I will get really busy with my gals' stuff and may not have time to exercise after work.

I will have to think about it and decide. I had wanted to take more pictures of the studio but I didn't have chance to do so. So only managed to take one of their signboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment