Monday 3 September 2012

Natural Remedies to a Better Health

This blog will be a very long one as it goes long way back to 2001. I am trying to recall what I have done so far. I really hope to share this important thing with everyone.

Since my health suffered in 2001, I have been looking for natural remedies for better health. I was sick of trying out different kind of medicines and drugs. Not only it didn’t make me any better, it is very tiring and sad to suffer side effect of medication, ranging from exhaustion, loss of appetite, moods swing and many more. 
My health was in such a bad condition in 2001, that I was suffering from giddy spells every 2 weeks and sometimes I vomited too due to my giddiness. My hearing then was going up and down. One moment I can hear something, next moment, I cannot hear anything. I suffered from severe shoulders pain and I was tired all the time.

One fine day, I think I got enough of such life. I was only in my 20s. I asked myself how much longer I am going to live such a life? It is so hard to live each day when I was suffering like that. I must really thank to my friends and husband who continue to give me support and bore with my mood swing during that period. I believe it wasn’t any easy for them as it was for me.
I have read up a lot of books, research on internet and talk to friends on finding natural remedies to get better. One of the very first things that I tried was tuina, a traditional Chinese massage. It was recommended by my ex-colleague then who heard about my condition. It was one of the best things that happened to me since my health suffered! The therapist massaged away my painful shoulders aches which I had thought it was normal. It was so painful that when I had my first treatment, I was screaming in pain as the therapist rubbed my shoulders. I continued to suffer in pain for the next 2 days and then realised that by the 4th day, I am no longer feeling the pain and instead my shoulders are so relaxed. Guess what? I also didn’t suffer giddy spells during my treatment period. I was told to go back every week until I got better I could go every 2 weeks. However, after going for regular treatment for 1 year plus, I started to feel the therapist is getting a bit “ya ya” (proud). I dislike her saying that my life is dependable on her! Why should I depend on anyone for my health and life?

So after hearing that statement, it wake up more that I should be searching for more ways to help myself rather than depending on her. Besides there is also a limit on how much the treatment can do for a person. I do not like the fact that the treatment can only last me for about 2 weeks and after that I started to feel my shoulder aching again. One thing amazing though is I do not suffer from any giddy spells again.
After reading and researching more on this topic, I came to know about detoxing. There are many ways for detoxing and one of the most popular one is to fast for 3 days to remove the toxins in your body. Noting this is not an easy task and you must be in good health to embark this process.  Having a weak body myself at that point, I dare not embark on this process fully but rather ½ day. I feel my body lighter after fast for 3 nights (meaning I skipped dinner, but drink plenty of water), Detoxing is a long process and I shall share more on this topic fully next round. I had embarked on 3 full days on detoxing after my health got better.

There is one very simple way of detoxing. That is to drink warm water with a dip of lemon juice every morning the very first thing after you wake up. Yes, this simple routine can make a big different to your health. At times when I feel very bloated or have signs that I am having a sore throat, I will just drink a glass of warm water with lemon juice. I always feel better after that.
And the most important thing I feel that make me a much healthier person today is none but exercise! This is something a lot of people have excuses not to do, but believe me, this is something very important.  What you need to do is to find something you enjoy so that exercise can be part of your life, rather than a chore. For me, it took a long time for me to discover my interest. Being a hearing impairment also limited me to certain exercise which required a lot of instructions from instructor as I am not able to follow them well. I also dare not try a personal instructor as it is not easy to find someone who can be patient with me.

So finally, I embarked on running marathons, something that I need not find someone to accompany me or instruction from anyone. Running is tedious physical exercise so I took up hot yoga to compliment my running.  It took me very long to discover Hot Yoga B which has 26 fixed poses so I can follow them easier so long as I master the steps to it.
After starting my exercise, plus looking out for what goes inside my stomach, I am pleased to say I am a very healthy person today. In 2011, I didn’t take a single day of MC! My giddy spells are history and I no longer feel tired. I got so much energy that it was much easier for me to take care of my 2 young gals too.

That is how I came to realise nothing is more important than your health. As they always said “beauty is from within”. How true.
Hope I have introduced you some natural remedies which you can also try out for a healthier you.  I had tried out many others too during my road to recovery, but I am not able to pen them down now as it happened so long ago. However, if I ever recall anything, I will definitely share it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment